Saturday, May 17, 2008

DX Return as heels?

Last week I was presented with a very intriguing concept. The thought of D-Generation x returning to WWE TV……….. As heels! Sounds completely crazy, right. I mean, how could DX ever be truly heels again? They are the most liked faction of all time. As I began to think about it more, however, the idea started to grow on me.
Let’s set up a scenario. Any intelligent WWE fan will know that for the last 6 months Triple H has been dieing to turn heel. Now that he has the championship, I think he might be as close as a few months away from doing it. We all know how Triple H acts when he has the championship around his waist.
Now for HBK, The last time we saw him as a heel was when he faced Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam 2005. Poor old Shawn had to carry, not only the match, but the talking side of the feud as well. Anyone who remembers that will tell you how funny it was to watch Shawn dressed as Hogan or when they went to Montréal and the fans went nuts. I still laugh when I remember the sight of sawn rolling around laughing while the fans shouted “Fuck you Michaels”. Classic. And with this ‘knee injury thing they have going on with HBK and Y2J we could see a turn at Judgment day
In my book these two are the greatest heels of all-time, just ahead of Flair. Put them together and that’s great TV right there. Have them both ruling raw with guys like John Cena, CM Punk and Jericho opposing them, that’s must watch stuff. I am not saying it will happen, but if it did happen it would be a welcome thing in my book. Feel free to argue your point of view with me.

No comments: